Skip to main content

Poem: Dreams of Summer Days

Cliff diving and drive-ins 

Float trips and wide grins

Tan skin and a long day

Fun starts in May


Stargazing and smores

Ice cream and hearty roars

Long nights with good friends

Wishin' summer never ends


Sand dancing and cold beer

Memory of a good woman near

Moonroof open with bestie on aux 

Sunset on the lake of rocks


Vagabond John and Co

Minivan of adventure in tow

Mountain man and river rat

Two years wearing freedom hat


Work all day and chores galore

Labor hard and don't be a bore

Summer of 23 is here

Cheers to all its a good year







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swing Dancing is Awesome! My First Week in Review!

      I will lay my cards on the table. Swing dancing attracted me because I am interested in a girl that knows how to swing dance and what better excuse to literally get closer to her than by dancing together. This is my story of how I deep dove into the world of swing dancing and my first thoughts after a week of lessons (probably about 5 hours in total.)       It all started when my buddy Evan came over to play some ping pong at my apartment one Saturday. He soon found out that one of my roommates, Karleigh, is a swing dance instructor and they busted out some really impressive dances. I was so impressed I asked on the spot for them to teach me how to dance. A few hours later and I had the basics of East Coast swing dancing down; Ladies turn, Gentleman's turn, Open to Close, Pretzel, and Bowtie. The next day just so happened to be Sunday which is when the local swing dance club has their free classes. My roommate Ian is also learning so we went...